Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chinese New Year.

The year of the tiger.


(Img. 1 - Hand painting at Chinese New Year.)

This workshop run by Clive, was working with the Chinese community to document their new year celebrations.
This was an interesting workshop to attend. On the first day we weren't quite sure what to expect. But sure enough the church hall was full of crying, screaming and hyperactive paint covered kids. This was great fun. I used my scanner to the best of my ability in the surroundings. The obvious approach was when i saw some of the kids doing hand painting. (Img. 1). I had to think on my feet changing settings quickly to deal with impatient children. Some of whom had to be encouraged by their mothers.

This engagement was fun having to interact and negotiate with people whilst trying to quickly react to what was going on around. Challenging but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment