Thursday, May 13, 2010

Evaluation.

Right so...
Aim: Experiment with scanner.
Objectives: 1. Get out of the house. 2. Collaborate. 3. Try to retain some humour.

Have I achieved this?

Yes. I think I have... to some extent. The humour may have faded out a little but otherwise I think I have.

My photographic experiments with Scanning technology have been fun. I feel like I've covered lots of ground, exploring techniques to fit different subject matters. Some of the techniques I've started to explore I want to go back and revisit in order to find their full potential. I also have ideas for "3D" lenses and other things that i really want to try out but as of yet haven't had the chance.

This year has showed that taking a small idea and just pushing it and exploring the possibilities can be hard work but also lots of fun. I hope to continue with using the scanner next year.

Of the Objectives I think I Achieved these too!
Getting out of the house. I set this as an objective because last year I sat in my room like a massive geek and drew pigeons. I did not enjoy this. It was not useful. And the work I produced was shit. SO! I've been getting out of the house now for over 5 months and it feels great. I've been able to interact with surroundings, talk to people and yeah just have some fun!

Collaboration was important too, for similar reasons to getting out of the house I just wanted to have some interaction and i think this has helped me get to a point where I once again enjoy the work I'm doing.

Its been a good year. (In comparison to previous. In my opinion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment